[Spacewalk-list] Scheduled Package Installs Failing

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Wed Feb 16 16:35:06 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-16 10:47 AM, "Milan Zazrivec" <mzazrivec at redhat.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 February 2011 16:36:07 Wojtak, Greg wrote:
>> >From a previous post, I was finally able to solve the issue of the
>spacewalk clients not showing as online for their OSA status and
>scheduled
>actions not being picked up.  Scheduled package installs are now showing
>up
>within a few seconds.  However, each of the installs fails.  I've been
>trying
>with a couple packages and get the same error.  Right now I'm testing
>with the
>wget rpm.  I've removed it from the system.  A yum install wget works
>just
>fine.  When I schedule wget to be installed, the action gets picked up
>and it
>attempts to install the package, but fails with the error:
>> Failed: Packages failed to install properly: No package(s) available to
>> install
>>
>> I saw another post that got the same errors and someone suggested yum
>>clean
>> all and yum createcache.  I tried this with no success.  Anyone have any
>> suggestions?
>
>Update yum-rhn-plugin to latest version available from spacewalk 1.3
>client
>repo.
>
>-MZ

That did it!  It seems we now have a fully armed and operational OSA
setup.  Just to recap, here are the steps I took to get OSA working (for
posterity):

1. Apply fixes from BZ #478869 - comment out all <module>*roster*</module>
lines in /etc/jabberd/sm.xml
2. service osa-dispatcher stop && service jabberd stop
3. rm -f /var/lib/jabberd/db/*
4. service jabberd start && osa-dispatcher start
5. (on client) service osad stop
6. edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf and remove all lines contained
within
7. update to yum-rhn-plugin-1.3.8-1.el5 from spacewalk-client-repo 1.3
8. service osad start

Are there any known issues with running the 1.3 client set with 1.2
server?  Now that we have a working install, I'm hesitant to update to 1.3
on the server side until I have more time to address any issues that might
come up.

Thanks for your help!

Greg