[Spacewalk-list] OpenJDK update breaks taskomatic [SOLVED]

Sander Grendelman sander at grendelman.com
Fri Feb 25 10:30:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 04:02:15PM +0100, Sander Grendelman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:04:01PM +0100, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> >
> > Are you able to reproduce with the latest OpenJDK update (there are few
> > more updates to OpenJDK now).
>
> I'll try that now, I'll also try to bring the problem down to a direct
> java call.

I was able to reduce my testcase to the following command:

/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java \
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client/lib \
-classpath /usr/share/java/tanukiwrapper.jar:\
/usr/share/java/quartz.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-codec.jar:\
/usr/share/java/ojdbc14.jar:\
/usr/share/java/jta.jar:\
/usr/share/rhn/lib/spacewalk-asm.jar:\
/usr/share/java/xalan-j2.jar:\
/usr/share/java/jaf.jar:\
/usr/share/rhn/lib/rhn.jar:\
/usr/share/java/redstone-xmlrpc.jar:\
/usr/share/java/oscache.jar:\
/usr/share/java/log4j.jar:\
/usr/share/java/jcommon.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-lang.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-logging.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-discovery.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-cli.jar:\
/usr/share/java/slf4j-api.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-dbcp.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-pool.jar
com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.core.TaskomaticDaemon

This lead to a guaranteed segfault with the openjdk jre and not with the
"sun" jre. I could also reproduce the crash after copying the relevant
files to a single directory and setting the paths to that directory.

I could move this file to other servers to try and reproduce the error.
I could not reproduce the error on any of the other servers (physical
or xen VM). Which lead to the conclusion that there was a problem with
our spacewalk xen-VM. This was confirmed after rebooting the VM:
the problem went away. Taskomatic now works with openjdk again.

With kind regards,

Sander Grendelman.