[Spacewalk-list] Failed Repository Scheduled Sync - Deleted Repository

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Fri Jan 21 15:07:16 UTC 2011

On 01/20/2011 05:36 PM, Speagle, Andy wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I’m using SPWK v1.2 … and I like how the channel repository sync
> schedules work via the WebUI. However, I recently deleted and recreated
> a repository for which I had a scheduled daily sync and now every
> morning I get 2 messages. First, about the failure to sync for the
> repository that was deleted:
>
> Taskomatic bunch repo-sync-bunch was scheduled to run within the
> repo-sync-1-731 schedule.
>
> Subtask repo-sync failed.
>
> For more information check
> /var/lib/rhn/tasko/org1/repo-sync-bunch/repo-sync_406623_err.
>
> And another messages for what I suspect is the recreated repository of
> the same name:
>
> Taskomatic bunch repo-sync-bunch was scheduled to run within the
> repo-sync-1-716 schedule.
>
> Subtask repo-sync finished successfuly and is back to normal.
>
> The logfile referenced by the first message contains this:
>
> 2011-01-20 06:00:10,012 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-3] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask - No such channel with
> channel_id 731
>
> 2011-01-20 06:00:10,012 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-3] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask -
>
> I’m not certain how to go about removing this schedule manually from the
> scheduler. Can someone clue me in? Should this be filed as a bug?

Hello Andy,

yes, the trouble is that you deleted a channel, that has a scheduled
repository sync. The trouble is, nobody let the scheduling service know
about the channel deletion.

Just run following api:

client.taskomatic.org.unscheduleBunch(key, 'repo-sync-1-731');

It shall delete your repo-sync for the deleted channel.

Let me know, if that works for you.
I'll check, if I can fix it to Spacewalk 1.3.

Regards,
Tomas

--
Tomas Lestach