[Spacewalk-list] API: How can I list and change packages in Package Profile ?

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 09:16:53 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 09:05 AM, Zhukovski, Dmitry wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello Dmitry,

> Please help me with API - How can I list and change packages in Package
> Profile ?

You can list the packages only on WEBUI. There's no API for that so far
I know. (But feel free to create a RFE bugzilla.)

> I have found API: create/list/compare/delete.. PackageProfile
> but no listPackagesFromPackageProfile. Does it exist ? How can I remove
> some packages from PackageProfile?

You cannot modify package profiles (not even on WebUI). A stored profile
is just a snapshot of installed packages. It's not meant to be edited.
If you need a profile with another package list, you would need to
install all the required packages on a system and create a new profile.

Regards,
Tomas

--
Tomas Lestach