[Spacewalk-list] Heads up on Centos 6

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:27:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

As you may have gathered CentOS 6 is now out.

The Spacewalk-client repo remains needed for fresh centos installs as
the rhn specific stuff is stripped out.

The media is divided into two DVDs but there is only repodata on the
first so if you intend to sync the 6019 packages (for 64bit) from
downloaded media you will need to amalgamate the Packages directories
from the two DVDs and then use with the one repodata directory... or
do the first DVD that has the metadata and then copy that metadata
with just the Packages from the second disk to get the base channel
fully in sync.

I'm carrying out some deployment tests my side now with Spacewalk 1.4
on an Oracle-XE 11 g backend to CentOS 6 guests and will report any
problems I encounter over the course of the next week or so....

James