[Spacewalk-list] Replacing Registered Spacewalk Clients

Sander Grendelman sander at grendelman.com
Tue Jun 14 08:55:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:07:52AM -0700, Robert Hernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im using Spacewalk 1.1 on a Centos 5.5 server with Centos 5.6 clients.
>  I am trying to replace registered clients with new clients that will
> be using the same configurations, channels, etc.  I have tried moving
> over the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid file to the new client then
> running rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://sputnik.chapman.edu/XMLRPC
> --activationkey=1-centos5-i386 --force.  The same activation key was
> also used on the old registered clients.

You could also take a look at reactivation keys (select system,
details->reactivation), that way you could also keep your history.

>From the tab:

	System Activation Key

	With a system profile specific activation key, this system can be
	re-registered using the 'rhnreg_ks' command-line utility. The system
	will be re-registered with the same id, history, groups, and channels
	(unless the system's base channel changes).

>  It seems to register fine,
> except for the fact that rhn_check/osad are not able to get the
> configuration files Im trying to deploy to the new client.  I think
> theres something else that rhn uses to verify clients besides
> systemid.  Has anyone had any similar experiences moving registered
> clients over to a new client?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My guess would be /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf, try stopping osad,
(re)moving that file and starting osad.