[Spacewalk-list] Replacing Registered Spacewalk Clients

Robert Hernandez herna175 at mail.chapman.edu
Mon Jun 13 18:07:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

Im using Spacewalk 1.1 on a Centos 5.5 server with Centos 5.6 clients.
 I am trying to replace registered clients with new clients that will
be using the same configurations, channels, etc.  I have tried moving
over the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid file to the new client then
running rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://sputnik.chapman.edu/XMLRPC
--activationkey=1-centos5-i386 --force.  The same activation key was
also used on the old registered clients.  It seems to register fine,
except for the fact that rhn_check/osad are not able to get the
configuration files Im trying to deploy to the new client.  I think
theres something else that rhn uses to verify clients besides
systemid.  Has anyone had any similar experiences moving registered
clients over to a new client?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob