[Spacewalk-list] How To ...

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Thu Jun 16 14:46:32 UTC 2011

OK, I'm a newbie at this Spacewalk thing (however, we do use Satellite at
work). What's happened is that while setting up and populating my channels
I've run out of space on Oracle XE. From what I've seen and read I've got
the following options:
Migrate from Oracle XE to standard Oracle (which I have running on another
machine) - does the Oracle instance have to be local?
Stop and drop everything and use Spacewalk PostgreSQL - what do I stand to
loose with this?
Stop and drop everything and use Spacewalk Oracle on the machine where
Oracle is already running - this is a POC environment (no maintenance, no
support)
Cut back on the number of channels (currently, CentOS 5.6 i386/x86_64;
Fedora 13 i386/x86_64; Fedora 14 i386/x86_64; Fedora 15 i386/x86_64)?
Satellite go crazy if I add those?

Help!!!

Thanks,
Gene Poole