[Spacewalk-list] How To ...

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 15:31:49 UTC 2011

On 06/16/2011 04:46 PM, Gene Poole wrote:
>    1. Migrate from Oracle XE to standard Oracle (which I have running on
>       another machine) - does the Oracle instance have to be local?

No, oracle instance does not need to be local.

>    2. Stop and drop everything and use Spacewalk PostgreSQL - what do I
>       stand to loose with this?

You can migrate data:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle

>    3. Stop and drop everything and use Spacewalk Oracle on the machine
>       where Oracle is already running - this is a POC environment (no
>       maintenance, no support)
>    4. Cut back on the number of channels (currently, CentOS 5.6
>       i386/x86_64; Fedora 13 i386/x86_64; Fedora 14 i386/x86_64; Fedora
>       15 i386/x86_64)?

I think you do not need to think about this ones since 2 options above
are much better.

>       - Will Satellite go crazy if I add those?

It is absolutely ok to use RHN Satellite with those channels. Just make
sure you set
enable_nvrea to 1 in rhn.conf.

--
Miroslav Suchy