[Spacewalk-list] Missing errata / system currency info

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:13:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Craig Ward <craig.ward at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've using Spacewalk to manage a bunch of RHEL5 servers. Updates are
> downloaded from the RHN via mrepo and then rhn pushed into spacewalk.
>
> The only slight issue is I lose the ability of seeing errata under the
> Systems tab in Spacewalk. It shows updates are available and 138
> packages outstanding but no errata. Likewise if I look under system
> currency the table isn't populated with any numbers for security
> patches, bugfixes, enhancements etc..
>
> Is this information getting lost somewhere in the mrepo/rhnpush process?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig.

Errata info isn't stored in the packages.  Andy Speagle has posted a
most excellent script to sync errata from RHN to Spacewalk called
rhn-clone-errata.py.

It can be found here but it's all line wrapped:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2010-November/msg00058.html

You should be able to find a better copy if you go looking...

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369