[Spacewalk-list] Fw: Spacewalk/Postgresql Installation.

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 10:16:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:54:10AM +0100, Mukesh.Vadgama at sqa.org.uk wrote:

> I am running into an error getting a certificate to install under

What error is that exactly? From your email it was not completely
clear which of the errors you have in mind.

> spacewalk using the postgresql backend. Installing under RHEL5.5.  I know
> there are things in postgresql which are not completed yet but I am only
> looking to have the features specified on the spacewalk website to be
> working under spacewalk.
>
> I have tried version 1.3, and installed against the nightly builds, but
> made no difference to the errors I am seeing.
>
> The installation of postgresql and spacewalk installation run
> successfully. The population into the DB produces no errors on
> installation, but I do not think the rhnchannelfamily table is being
> populated with all the entries for the channel families?

This is expected, I'd say.

The table will only get populated upon satellite-sync of the
channels for those channel families (as only the channel dump
/ live sync in case of Satellite) has things like channel
family names in it.

Hope this helps,

--
Jan Pazdziora