[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.4 channel and even question/challenge

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Mon May 16 06:50:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:37:54AM +0100, Michael Gliwinski wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2011 09:35:27 Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> > Thanks, I'm working with it now. I'm trying to get it to work now,
> > working on the correct filename. I guessesdyumsubset_src.py.
> Yes, yumsubset_src.py is the correct filename.

Thanks.

> > As I'm new to RedHat at this level I'm a bit lost on how to add the
> > plugin to the setup. Just placing it in the dir and running the command
> > gives an unknown type error from spacewalk-repo-sync.
> So, you have the file at
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-
> packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/yumsubset_src.py
> yes?

Indeed, that's were it was placed.

> > Any tips on how to add this, while I'm learning to read/debug python
> > scripts?
> With the above in place you also need to create a file
> /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync-yum.conf with repo inclusions (it's the same
> format as yum.conf but only repo inclusions are read from it).  For example
> this is a part of my config file:
>
> [epel-5-i386]
> includepkgs=ipython byobu libffi python26 python26-libs screen \
>             python-genshi \
>             python-hashlib \
>             python-simplegeneric \
>             bzr bzrtools python-pycurl python-paramiko python-crypto
>
> This means in my 'epel-5-i386' channel, only the listed packages are synced.

Ah, the missing part, or at least, I didn't figure this one out.

> Now, I kick off the sync from cron, just with the command:
>
> spacewalk-repo-sync --channel=epel-5-i386 --type=yumsubset

I tried this, but it didn't complain with an error indicating the conf
was missing, just 'channel not found', or something like that. I've
switched to full channel sync at work, but will test this one at home.
(less space to spare ;) )

> I know you can also kick off from the web UI or maybe from taskomatic but
> never tried it so I'm not sure if it would work.
>
> If you have everything as described here and still get an error paste the
> traceback here sure.

I'm currently reinstalling 1.4 on a new vbox image and having some difficulties
with oracle in the i386 tree of centos 5.6. (wierd, the x86_64 didn't give me
this much trouble)

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server