[Spacewalk-list] For info: rhnpush has implicit dependency on spacewalk-backend

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri May 20 07:35:49 UTC 2011

David Nutter wrote:
% Hi,
%
% We have rhnpush installed on a number of machines without the rest of
% the spacewalk libraries to allow various people to put packages on the
% spacewalk server. The version of rhnpush now in EPEL conflicts with
% the latest spacewalk client tools so I removed it and replaced it with
% the one from 1.4-server
%
% On running the new version of rhnpush, I got the message:
%
%   Unable to load module rhnpush
%   No module named UserDictCase
%
% To fix this I needed to install:
%
%   spacewalk-backend-1.4.39-1.el5.noarch.rpm
%
% plus its dependencies:
%
%   perl-Satcon-1.14-1.el5.noarch.rpm
%   spacewalk-config-1.4.4-1.el5.noarch.rpm

Hi David,

UserDictCase is a part of spacewalk-backend as well as rhnlib.
I fixed fixed rhnpush to import the one from rhnlib which is already
part of client repo. So the rhnpush installation shouldn't require any
extra package now.

Thanks for the report.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat