[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.4 to 1.5 upgrade

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Tue Oct 4 13:38:54 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 01:27 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Choosing default option without thinking is not good way. Rpmconf help
> you find rpmsave/rpmnew and can help you to show diff, delete one or the
> other, but is not magic wand which automatically pick up best
> configuration for you.
> Your brain is still needed.

Should have skimmed the manpage prior to use as I didnt realize it would
destroy the files. I was thinking it would have left everything as is,
including the rpmnew/rpmsave files. Otherwise Id have simply done what I
did the second time and merged on my own.

> When you use:
>   rpmconf --frontend=vimdiff -a
> you can press M and merge the configuration files manually.
> You can use more frontend differs - I personally use kdiff3.

Will keep the M option in mind as I dont typically use vimdiff, etc.
Typicall I use diff/patch. Thanks.