[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading Spacewalk Server

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Oct 4 19:06:19 UTC 2011

I'm planning on upgrading our Spacewalk server from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6 and updating from spacewalk 1.4 to 1.5 (maybe 1.6 by the time I get around to this).  My plan is to build a new CentOS 6 server and install whichever version of Spacewalk I end up using and then just copying over database, config files, and /var/satellite from the old server.  I'll also have to be sure the hostname is the same for SSL purposes.  Is there a quick laundry list of things that will need to be brought over?  Is this a sound approach?

Thanks!

Greg