[Spacewalk-list] rhn-clone-errata src-channel option

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:41:03 UTC 2011

Hello list,
I'm trying to set up errata synchronization using the latest version of
rhn-clone-errata.py available.
First, I've created file /etc/rhncloneerrata.cfg with the following content
[Spacewalk]
spw_server=localhost
spw_user=admin
spw_pass=<adminpw>
[RHN]
rhn_server=xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com
rhn_user=user
rhn_pass=pass
[ChanMap]
rhel-x86_64-server-5=rhel-5-server-x64
rhel-x86_64-server-6=rhel-6-server-x64
[ChanSuffixMap]
rhel-x86_64-server-5=R5-64
rhel-x86_64-server-6=R6-64

I'm confused with the option --src-channel, which is mandatory. How is it
used? I thought the ChanMap config section was enough to synchronize the RHN
channels with the local channels.
Do I have to call rhn-clone-errata for each channel I want to synchronize or
having all the channels in my ChanMap is enough?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre