[Spacewalk-list] rhn-clone-errata src-channel option

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:52:57 UTC 2011

> I'm trying to set up errata synchronization using the latest version of rhn-clone-errata.py available.
> First, I've created file /etc/rhncloneerrata.cfg with the following content
> [Spacewalk]
> spw_server=localhost
> spw_user=admin
> spw_pass=<adminpw>
> [RHN]
> rhn_server=xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com
> rhn_user=user
> rhn_pass=pass
> [ChanMap]
> rhel-x86_64-server-5=rhel-5-server-x64
> rhel-x86_64-server-6=rhel-6-server-x64
> [ChanSuffixMap]
> rhel-x86_64-server-5=R5-64
> rhel-x86_64-server-6=R6-64
>

> I'm confused with the option --src-channel, which is mandatory. How is it used? I thought the ChanMap config section was enough to synchronize the RHN channels with the local channels.
> Do I have to call rhn-clone-errata for each channel I want to synchronize or having all the channels in my ChanMap is enough?

Hi, Pierre.

Yes... you'll need to call the script for each channel that you want to clone and use the "-c|--src-channel=BLAH" option to tell it which channel.  It uses the "ChanMap" config information to match all of the relevant data about that channel with the channel you tell it you want to sync... and then does the work.

I hope that clears it up.

Andy