[Spacewalk-list] Updates not seen as needed for clients

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Tue Sep 13 13:33:38 UTC 2011

Doubt these are the only situation but under SW 1.4. 1)RHEL4 which
required deleting and registering the system again. 2)Channels/Repos
were still in a process of sync'ing their repo cache. You can see this
from the Channels details page.

I just had a similar issue but in my case I was seeing updates available
SW side but not client. I did all the typical yum clean all, profile
syncs, rhn_check checks, channel repo cache sync etc and so forth. I
even restarted the SW services. Nothing worked.

I then noticed that reposyncs were still running (ie: ps auxwww | grep
repo). Somehow they appear to have been causing problems with this even
though the repos were unrelated to the clients I saw issues on. Within
minutes of the reposync's finishing all updates showed up.