[Spacewalk-list] OSAD Problem with client/proxy

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 05:53:28 UTC 2011

Dne 20.9.2011 23:35, Jeremy Davis napsal(a):
> Hello List,
>
> I have a proxy solution setup where the majority of my clients are
> working as expected to all proxies except one proxy server. All clients
> connected to this proxy server are not showing online and are unable to
> receive actions. I have turned up the debug level on the client and it
> appears to have connected and is registered. I see on the proxy server
> that the connection is established. Not sure whats going on here. Is
> there any thing I could try or maybe provide more information on in
> order to troubleshoot this issue? This is a Spacewalk 1.4 installation.

If it register through Proxy, then everything should be correct. If your
machines "just" does not show online on Spacewalk, then the problem is
in rhnsd or osad (you have to have one of these service runinning) which
just periodicaly run rhn_check.

Try to run rhn_check -vv on one of these machines manualy and see what
is going there.

Mirek