[Spacewalk-list] Configuration File Size Limit

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 13:17:07 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 03:02 PM, Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:

> On 2012-04-04 4:48 AM, "Miroslav Suchý"<msuchy at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 04/03/2012 10:40 PM, Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:
>>> Is there a way to up the limit of configuration files in spacewalk from
>>> 128k?  To be clear, I am talking about the actual size of the file
>>> stored, not the maximum size of a file that is editable in the browser.
>>
>> Put in rhn.conf:
>> web.maximum_config_file_size = 131072
>>
>> I it set as default in:
>> /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf
>
> So in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, I have:
>
> web.maximum_config_file_size=1048576
>
> I then restarted spacewalk with rhn-satellite restart.  I still get the
> error:
>
> Pushing to channel el5-fe-common:
> Error pushing file:  /etc/termcap too large (807109 bytes, 131072 bytes
> max allowed)
>

> I went ahead and modified /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf as
> well and restarted spacewalk with rhn-satellite restart.  I get the same
> error.
>
> It doesn't look like these changes are taking.  I'm at spacewalk 1.6
> (non-nightly), do I need to be at 1.7 for this option to work?

Hmm, briefly looking at the code it seems that we have:
   web.maximum_config_file_size
which is used in webui (i.e. file size you can upload via webui). And:
   maximum_config_file_size
which is used by backend (i.e. when you upload config using rhncfg-manager.
Can you try to put in rhn.conf pure maximum_config_file_size ?
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering