[Spacewalk-list] Configuration File Size Limit

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Wed Apr 4 13:47:22 UTC 2012

<snip>

>Hmm, briefly looking at the code it seems that we have:
>   web.maximum_config_file_size
>which is used in webui (i.e. file size you can upload via webui). And:
>   maximum_config_file_size
>which is used by backend (i.e. when you upload config using
>rhncfg-manager.
>Can you try to put in rhn.conf pure maximum_config_file_size ?
>--
>Miroslav Suchy
>Red Hat Satellite Engineering

Thanks for the guidance.  I reverted my change to
/usr/share/rhn/config-default/rhn_web.conf (set
web.maximum_config_file_size = 131072).

I then added to /etc/rhn/rhn.conf:

web.maximum_config_file_size = 1048576
maximum_config_file_size = 1048576

I tested pushing a file with rhncfg-manager and another via the web UI and
both were successful (the web UI "Tip" in the upload form now reads "1MB"
instead of "128KB").

Thanks again!

Greg