[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.5 to 1.7 upgrade - package search broken

Will Lovins wlovins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:30:23 UTC 2012

I've recently upgraded from Spacewalk 1.5 to 1.7 using Oracle 11.
Additionally, Spacewalk was migrated from CentOS 5.6 to
ScientificLinux 6.x.
Everything upgraded flawlessly except for one piece: Package Search.

We no longer get results when searching for packages
(https://spacewalk.example.com/rhn/channels/software/Search.do).
If I search for "mirth" and limit my search to to a software channel
that I KNOW contains that package, I get zero results.
When searching for random words against all channels (things like
"potato"), I do get results back though I cannot explain why. Popt is
returned when searching for potato.

I do not see any errors or failing scheduled tasks in the logs, so I
am not sure where to look at this point.
There were no errors in the upgrade / migrations. Package syncs work
properly and new packages are being added from our channels.

The only problem we have is that package searching appears to be
completely broken for us.

Does anyone have ideas on what we could do to troubleshoot this issue?
Thank you.