[Spacewalk-list] New CentOS Errata Tool for Spacewalk

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:38:21 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Steve Meier <email at steve-meier.de> wrote:

> Dear Spacewalk-Users,
>
> I would like to introduce yet another tool to import CentOS Errata
> information into
> your Spacewalk Server.
>
> You can find it here -> http://cefs.steve-meier.de
>
> It is written in Perl and CentOS Errata are provided in an XML file
> available for download.
> Errata are created via the API and can be published either automatically
> or manually.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
>  Steve Meier

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the tool. I have a couple of questions. I see that an XML
file is available for download. How does that file get updated? Also I have
multiple base channels. These base channels are for each environment we
have (Dev, Test, Prod). If I use your tool would it be able to assign
Errata to all of these channels? Also with these base channels we are on a
cycle where each week they get updated so some channels might have newer
packages in them than others. Can your script deal with that as well by
assigning Errata that is already added into another channel? Thank you for
your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Jeremy