[Spacewalk-list] Partial EPEL repo syncing?

kodiak at kfiresmith.com kodiak at kfiresmith.com
Wed Apr 25 17:11:58 UTC 2012

OS:  RHEL 6.2 / RHN: 5.4.1

Short question:  Can we do partial repo syncs of EPEL, making available
only the packages we specify?

Details/background:

Currently we're using a homegrown solution for package management
involving in-house repos, and rsync'd packages from EPEL and RedHat.  With
our scripted rsyncs to EPEL, it's easy to specify what to make available.
I'd like to have that same control within our new RedHat Satellite since
that'd be a lot less work that maintaining the rsync scripts for each
version and platform like we have to do now.

Disclaimer:  Please forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask about
RHN Satellites; my understanding is that the Spacewalk community is a good
place to bounce these sorts of issues off of which aren't worth a support
ticket with RH.

Thanks!

 - Kodiak Firesmith