[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.7 nightly to 1.7 stable schema upgrade issues

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 09:37:21 UTC 2012

Jeremy Bartosiewicz wrote:
% Dear All,
% I have recently performed an upgrade from an old 1.7 nightly build to 1.7
% stable build.
%
% I receive the ³A schema upgrade is required. Please upgrade your schema at
% your earliest convenience to receive latest bugfixes and avoid potential
% problems.² message. I have searched the archives and am able to find similar
% issues, but not one like this. I was hoping you may all be able to chip in
% and advise.

Unfortunately upgrade from nightly is not supported.

>From https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall:
Nightly builds
  NOTE: Nigthly repo contains developers snapshot and it is not suitable
  for production environment. Especially beware that you might not be
  able to upgrade from the nightly installation to the next
  release, especially with respect to the database schema.

I'm affraid there are two options:
a) install 1.7 from scratch,
b) investigate git changes in spacewalk-schema from 1.7.42-1 to 1.7.55-1
and apply them manually (if, and only if, you really know what you're
doing).

% Upon running spacewalk-schema-upgrade on the CLI I receive the following
% output:
%
% [root at spacewalk /]# spacewalk-schema-upgrade
% Schema upgrade: [spacewalk-schema-1.7.42-1.el5] ->
% [spacewalk-schema-1.7.55-1.el5]
% Searching for upgrade path: [spacewalk-schema-1.7.42-1] ->
% [spacewalk-schema-1.7.55-1]
% Searching for upgrade path: [spacewalk-schema-1.7.42] ->
% [spacewalk-schema-1.7.55]
% Your database schema already matches the schema package version
% [spacewalk-schema-1.7].
% Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions.
%
% Best regards
% jeremy

Michael Mráka