[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Installation - Problems with Certifications

Gerald Buttitta gbuttitta at gci.com
Thu Apr 26 18:19:09 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am installing Spacewalk on CentOS 6.2.
I have it up and running and am going through the instructions at:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation#InstallGPGkeysintowebapp

I am running into problems installing the certs.
I've run gpg --gen-key with no problems and have exported the keys.
1. My first problem is with "Set the web.gpg_keyring in /etc/rhn/default/rhn_web.conf to your newly exported keyring. "
I do not have the /etc/rhn/default directory.
I do have /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf so I changed:
 #web.gpg_keyring = /etc/webapp-keyring.gpg
 web.gpg_keyring = /etc/spacewalkcertkey.gpg
Is this sufficient?
Should I create the defaults directory and move the contents of config-defaults to it?

2.  I tried to run:
./scripts_gen-oss-sat-cert.pl --orgid 1 --owner rowen --signer rowen --no-pass-phrase --output /etc/rhn/default --expires 2022-04-22 --slots 2000 --provisioning-slots 2000 --satellite-version 1.7
and found that I don't have the required directroy /var/www/lib.                               perl.x86_64 is installed.
Note: I created an empty /etc/rhn/default directory for this step.
What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jerry Buttitta
OSS Administrator I
(907)868-5916

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc&feature=player_embedded

Motto of US Government "In the United States no one can hear you scream".

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."

--Thomas Jefferson to Francis Hopkinson, 1789.

"A correre e cagare ci si immerda i garretti."

The TSA is to offer a new service to airline customers to appease the full body scan complaints.  They will now offer confessions as you wait in line.