[Spacewalk-list] [Missing SW packages ?] : Git

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 11:29:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 01:12:20PM +0200, Nathanaël MIETTON wrote:
> OK thanks.
>
> Do you think i should use Eclipse instead of NetBeans ?

You want to use whatever environment you are most familiar and
comfortable with. Please understand though that Spacewalk
developers won't be able to answer questions regarding setup of
various IDEs.

If your goal is to just recompile the Java stack of Spacewalk, grab
the spacewalk-java source rpm and build it with rpmbuild. That's
what we do when we build Spacewalk. The BuildRequires of that source
rpm will give you everything that we use.

You can then take a look at the .spec of the .src.rpm to see how the
build is run, and adopt it to your development environment.

--
Jan Pazdziora