[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.6 bug - selecting el5 and el6 does not get all

Mario Mikocevic mario.mikocevic at t-com.hr
Thu Aug 9 11:50:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/09/2012 09:06:22 AM, Jan Hutař wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:26:58 +0200 Mario Mikocevic
> <mario.mikocevic at t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> > I just hit an interesting bug -
> >
> > I have a mix of CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 servers all registered
> > in the same organization.
> >
> > When I tried to upgrade the same rpm packet in both version
> > releases, I went to Systems, Select All, Manage, Upgrade, then
> > selected all occurances of that rpm packet.
> >
> > After next step (Upgrade Selected Packages) I got a list of
> > servers *but* some servers from CentOS 5 farm were *missing*
> > in that list.
> >
> > If I select only CentOS 5 version (.el5.) of package then I do
> > get all servers on the list.
> >
> > What could be wrong ?
> >

> > Spacewalk 1.6 on CentOS 5.8
>
> Say you select update to kernel-123-1.el5 + kernel-123-1.el6.
> Which version of kernel have these systems which are missing in
> final overview?

Correct one.

> Do they have correct channels enabled?

Yes, correct channels are selected and no funky packages while browsing
systems server by server by itself.

> Could youprovide exact example of which package do you attempt to update
> and in which version it is installed on a target systems?

tzdata is perfect example but it happens with other packages too.

Lemme explain with few more details

- at System Overview select all servers
- click Manage (up right)
- click Upgrade
- select tzdata, *both* versions .el5 and .el6
  (number of servers applicable in each line is correct)
- click Upgrade Selected Packages

in that displayed list of servers *some* CentOS 5 servers are missing

If I select only tzdata.el5 I do get *all* appropriate servers selected,
same for selecting only tzdata.el6.

Please do note that I am still on Spacewalk version 1.6.

--
T-Com
Odjel za upravljanje mrežom i uslužnim platformama /