[Spacewalk-list] Host's get subscribed to base channel that doesnt exist

Brown, Rodrick rbrown at knight.com
Fri Aug 17 14:10:28 UTC 2012

I'm having a weird issue where newly registered hosts are getting subscribed to channels that don't exists in my spacewalk server.
This is only happening on 1 particular subscription key.

$ sudo rhn-channel --list
fedora-core-x86_64_workstations  << This does not exist in my repo
fedora16

When trying to use yum it fails because this channel doesn't exist and contains no data.

The correct base channel is fedora and child channel is Fedora-Core-16 however I'm not sure where this is coming from? And its breaking yum.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Please visit our website for important disclaimers/disclosures regarding Knight's products and services:

http://www.knight.com/KnightEmailDisclaimer.html