[Spacewalk-list] Host's get subscribed to base channel that doesnt exist

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Aug 17 14:48:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, August 17, 2012 10:10, Brown, Rodrick wrote:
> I'm having a weird issue where newly registered hosts are getting
> subscribed to channels that don't exists in my spacewalk server.
> This is only happening on 1 particular subscription key.
>
> $ sudo rhn-channel --list
> fedora-core-x86_64_workstations  << This does not exist in my repo
> fedora16
>
> When trying to use yum it fails because this channel doesn't exist and
> contains no data.
>
> The correct base channel is fedora and child channel is Fedora-Core-16
> however I'm not sure where this is coming from? And its breaking yum.
>
> Can anyone assist?

What is the base channel setting for that key in Systems-->Activation
Keys?  Is your "fedora" channel 64 or 32 bit?  What about the fedora
systems being registered with the key?

My guess is that the key is set for default channel (or some systems are
falling back onto default channel), and that spacewalk is picking a
standard channel name that you don't have set up.  Just a guess.