[Spacewalk-list] content provider for packages

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Aug 20 12:37:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I manage, amongst other things, also CentOS channels in spacewalk. But
sometimes the people at CentOS mess up and they push redhat updates in
the CentOS channels. Of course these fail to install since the redhat
GPG key is not installed for CentOS servers.
Now I wrote a small script that attempts to find these packages, but
here the problems begin:

- the API call channel.software.listAllPackages never returns the
vendor or content provider (apparently the content provider is based on
the signed GPG key), so I do a packages.getDetails call. But this call
only gives me the vendor. Apperently some packages for CentOS still have
redhat marked as vendor, so I'm not able to use this.
- second try: doing the API call packages.search.advancedWithChannel.
This should return me the content provider, but since I can't search on
the provider field, or I can't seem to search on a wildcard in the name
field, this doesn't give me a list of the packages I want either

So my question is now: is there a method to get a list of all packages
in a channel belonging to a specific "content provider"?

Franky