[Spacewalk-list] Changeing variables from within snippets

Matt Bryant matt at the-bryants.net
Mon Aug 27 01:00:52 UTC 2012

Was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction.

Currently trying to unify our interactive/non-interactive kickstart file
so I have added a varaible buildType to the kickstart profile in
spcewalk which has a default value,

This can obviously  be overriden by cobbler if i define a system with
the appropriate ksmeta input. What i would also like to do is
potentially override the value based on user input from %pre stage.

So far nothing I have tried works.

The pre script is python snack script which prompts for buildType ..

I have tried the following

* just setting the value ie buildType = <input>

* writing the string '#set buildType = "<input>"' then #/% include the file

* Same as above but with  '#set global buildType

Is there in fact a way to update variables within kickstart via user
input ??

rgds

Matt B.