[Spacewalk-list] error on schema upgrade after upgrading to 1.8

Maria Iano maria at purplecoffee.com
Wed Dec 5 18:22:06 UTC 2012

On Dec 5, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 12:00:36PM -0500, Maria Iano wrote:
>>
>>> That would however mean that the sequence has given the same number
>>> twice. This is a symptom of corrupted datastore.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do that might help repair it?
>
> No idea. I'd probably dump, drop the database, create again and
> import the dump again. But you kinda were doing that during that
> dump restoration, weren't you?

No but I will do that now, thank you for the suggestion. I'm currently
running:
pg_dumpall --clean -f /var/dbbackups/dbbackup20121205 --oids -v

I only previously had a file system backup made by running rsync -a on
the data directory. Setting the backups up using pg_dump hadn't made
it to the top of my list, but as you surmise it now will!