[Spacewalk-list] Hardware Vendor Repos

Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé frank.mikkelsen.blohme at axis.com
Wed Dec 12 08:32:19 UTC 2012

I had issues on our Spacewalk 1.7 server when syncing directly from HP Software Delivery Repository (HP SDR), the information in HP’s RPM packages seemed to be broken so the Spacewalk 1.7 server couldn’t sync the HP SDR cleanly.
My solution was to sync only RPM packages from the HP SDR to a local directory on the Spacewalk server using lftp’s mirror feature. After the sync is done, only RPM packages of interest is synced from local directory into HP specific custom channels in the Spacewalk server using rhnpush.
This is scripted using bash and executed by cron.
I have implemented a 1:1 (repo:channel) philosophy in our Spacewalk server for the “ease” of it.

Best regards
Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé
Axis Communications AB – IT Group
Sweden, Lund