[Spacewalk-list] Hardware Vendor Repos

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:09:29 UTC 2012

2012/12/12 Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé <frank.mikkelsen.blohme at axis.com>

> I had issues on our Spacewalk 1.7 server when syncing directly from HP
> Software Delivery Repository (HP SDR), the information in HP’s RPM packages
> seemed to be broken so the Spacewalk 1.7 server couldn’t sync the HP SDR
> cleanly.****
>
> My solution was to sync only RPM packages from the HP SDR to a local
> directory on the Spacewalk server using lftp’s mirror feature. After the
> sync is done, only RPM packages of interest is synced from local directory
> into HP specific custom channels in the Spacewalk server using rhnpush.***
> *
>
> This is scripted using bash and executed by cron.****
>
> I have implemented a 1:1 (repo:channel) philosophy in our Spacewalk server
> for the “ease” of it.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards****
>
> Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé****
>
> Axis Communications AB – IT Group****
>
> Sweden, Lund****

Hi!, isn't it easier to subscribe a server to one channel and add in the
future the needed repositories?, that way you don't have to touch that node
in the future (hmm, maybe rhel nodes would need GPG Keys for package from a
new repository :s)

I'm trying to understand the channel/repo relationship to cover the most
common use cases...

Ciro Iriarte
http://cyruspy.wordpress.com