[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk email notifications

harold robin hechanova hrhechanova at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 05:41:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have successfully configured spacewalk 1.8 on RHEL6.1 server with
postgresql as database. I created a base channel for fedora 17 and populate
it. I registered a test_client running on fedora 17 on the spacewalk server
and manage to install update packages via spacewalk. I can see 409 Errata
and 859 Packages for Update on the Spacewalk GUI for the test client. How
can I automate an email notification indicating the Errata and Updated
Packages to be sent to the admin email? I have already enable monitoring
under Admin->Spacewalk Configuration and activated schedule tasks for
errata-cache and daily-status. Please advise since I can only see the
following on the daily status report.

This is the Spacewalk Status Report for your account admin, as of 12/14/12
11:45:09 AM SGT.

This email will be sent when any of the following apply:

1.  The system fails to check in with Spacewalk within a 24-hour window.

2.  The system registers scheduled action activity.

                              Completed

Package List Refresh          2

Thanks!

Regards,