[Spacewalk-list] Updated rhncfg in the works? (BZ#879299 / RHBA-2012:1552-1)

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 11:32:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:21:19AM +0100, Patrick Hurrelmann wrote:

> Just curious, what is the general policy for bugfixes in Spacewalk?
> I see some rpms were updated, but as you said others will not?

We don't have a policy per se. We are more likely to respin
packages for regressions that affect multiple users, in packages
where it's not that easy to patch the code on the disk (compiled
stuff like Java).

Of course, respinning packages requires someone to do the work and
we need to balance that effort against other tasks, like new
features or fixing more bugs or documentation improvements.

--
Jan Pazdziora