[Spacewalk-list] Need commands both before and after update

Spacewalk User spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 21 12:50:42 UTC 2012

When pushing patches, I need to run remote commands both before and
after the updates, but the UI seems to offer me only one or the other as
part of the update. Is there a way that I have not found to have both a
pre- and a post- transaction command integral to the software update?

Specifics are that I need to send a "cease monitoring" e-mail to the
network operations center and the server team duty manager, run the
update, then reboot the system. I can schedule one of the commands as a
separate scheduled event, but that's not optimal.

Thanks for any tips
anyone can offer.

--j.