[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk 1.6] Issues with activationkey during kickstart

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 09:47:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 03:36:46PM +0100, david.lind at sandvik.com wrote:
> Ok, should be corrected now.. I'll post the error-message once again.
>

> Yes, I added rhn_check -vv to the kickstart-file and recieved these messages in ks-rhn-post.log:
>
> ERROR: unable to read system id.

This one mean /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid does not exist or is
not accessible. Did you perhaps add that rhn_check to a place where
the system was not yet registered (before rhnreg_ks)?

> Can't do inplace edit: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions is not a regular file.
> Can't do inplace edit: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/clientCaps.d is not a regular file.

These are fairly innocent, and addressed by Spacewalk 1.6. Since you
say you use Spacewalk 1.6, I wonder if your installation really was
installed / upgraded properly.

> An error has occurred:
> Error Message:
>     Your account does not have access to any channels matching (release='6', arch='x86_64')
> Error Class Code: 19
> Error Class Info: Architecture and OS version combination is not supported.
> Explanation:
>      An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
>      persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
>      If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>      details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>      details on how to reproduce this problem.
>

> Does this tell you anything? The machine does indeed get subscribed to channels of release 6 and arch x86_64 so I can't understand why it tells me that.

So you say that you get this error in ks-rhn-post.log but the system
gets registered? What does the kickstart file look like?

--
Jan Pazdziora