[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-common-channels doing nothing on fresh 1.6 fedora16 install

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 09:22:37 UTC 2012

Jonathan Hoser wrote:
% Hi all,
%
% I was trying to refill my database on a fresh Fedora16-spacewalk 1.6 x64
% installation,
% however,
% a) what is distributed in the installation is a very outdated
% spacewalk-common-channels.ini

Why do you think it's outdated? What are you missing there?

% and
% b) spacewalk-common-channels itself does not do anything.

I'm affraid nobody will help you unless you show us exact command
and error output.

% There's no error-message except when specifiying to view parameters
% (which will get me the help/options dialog);

% The only thing really working is the '-l' version which shows nicely
% what I have modified in the ini-file:
%
% Anyone got an idea for me there?

There are examples in spacewalk-common-channel -h output. Does they work
for you?

% Best
% -Jonathan
%
% [root at xyz ~]# /usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels -l
% Available channels:
%  centos4:             alpha, i386, ia64, s390, s390x, x86_64

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat