[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-common-channels doing nothing on fresh 1.6 fedora16 install

Hoser, Jonathan Daniel Simon jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Feb 8 10:15:34 UTC 2012

Thanks Michael for your quick response.

It was late, and today I managed to resolve a few things.

a) spacewalk-common-channels.ini
is indeed not outdated. Sorry for the false alarm.

Acutally, spacewalk-utils-1.6.6-1.fc16.noarch.rpm wasn't installed at all yet.
Makes me wonder why the binary (/usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels) survived the
yum erase process.

So I tryed my own call and it did not work.
Then I tried an official example, and it did work.

Turns out the '*' at the end is crucial:

[root at xyz rhn]# /usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels -u SpacewalkAdmin -p mypass -a i386 'fedora16'
does not work.

[root at xyz rhn]# /usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels -u SpacewalkAdmin -p mypass -a i386 'fedora16*'
does work as intended.

(The official example:
Create only Centos 4 base channels for intel archs:
    /usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels -u admin -p pass -a i386,x86_64 'centos4'

does not work either - just as a testcase!
)

Sorry about the earlier stuff,

Best
-Jonathan

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671