[Spacewalk-list] Problem adding a server to a group

john miller johnmille1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:11:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM, James Fillman <jfillman at central1.com> wrote:

> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function
> update_perms_for_user(numeric) does not exist****
>
>                 at
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1525)
> ****

I have a possibly related problem in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-February/msg00043.html.

Do you have multiple users? Do some users have access to said group and
others do not? My current hunch is that when there is no difference between
users for the group there is no permissions checking done. When there is a
difference among users for the group checking must be done and the postgres
function has not been correctly ported yet. I havn't had time to dive in
yet and confirm my hunch but maybe changing users privileges is an adequate
workaround for you.