[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk kickstart setup

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Fri Feb 24 15:17:54 UTC 2012

Lee,

There is no default root password. All Red Hat/Centos/Fedora
distributions ask for a root password during install, and do not permit
a blank root password. By setting the root password in the kickstart,
you are then no longer required to provide one during the install. From
a certain perspective, Spacewalk is giving you the opportunity to set
the default root password in the kickstart, but for security reasons
there is not a built-in default.

You could save a few keystrokes by cloning your kickstart, which will
keep the root password from the original kickstart, but you need an
original to start with for that to be helpful.

Jonathan

On 02/24/2012 03:45 AM, lee wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I create a new kickstart in spacewalk, it asks for a root password
> for that kickstart, to be set. Is there away of having a default root
> password, that is set automatically without having to enter it.
>
> When you click the finish button it doesn't set a 'default' root password?
>

> Regards
> Lee

Jonathan DeHaan
Linux Systems Engineer