[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk notification

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 09:11:20 UTC 2012

On 23.2.2012 23:34, Lopez, Abel wrote:
> Is there some way to send a notification of when spacewalk is "All done"
> patching a system?
> I'd like to automate as much as possible, perhaps utilizing our NOC
> even. I want to schedule a full update for a certain time (easy), and
> when all packages are updated, have the noc get some sort of
> notification and proceed to reboot the system.
> The "Schedule reboot" function in spacewalk is time based, so that's not
> very helpful in this instance.

No, there is no such tool out of box. But you can write your own script,
which will use Spacewalk api.

schedule.listCompletedSystems

and once the action is completed you may call

system.scheduleReboot

or send that email and let some human being to do that reboot.

See url /rhn/apidoc/handlers/ScheduleHandler.jsp#listCompletedActions
and /rhn/apidoc/scripts.jsp of your Spacewalk server for more info.

Mirek