[Spacewalk-list] Can't change base channel of a proxy

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:10:06 UTC 2012

Back on 2010-08-31, Eric Heydrick posted the following:
>I'm trying to subscribe my proxy servers to a different base channel but
>there is no "Base Software Channel" when I goto Alter Channel
>Subscriptions for any of the proxies. I can adjust child channels just not
>base ones. This is with Spacewalk 0.7. Is there anything special about
>proxy servers?
>
>-Eric

There was no follow-up post to his question.

I am also, on Spacewalk 1.6, trying to change the base software channel
on a activated Spacewalk Proxy 1.6 server.

You can adjust the child channels, but not the base channel.

My Spacewalk server is registered to itself within Spacewalk.  I can
change its base channels.

Is there something special about Spacewalk Proxy servers that you
cannot change the Base Software Channel?

Do I need to deactivate the Spacewalk Proxy, change the Base
Software Channel and then reactivate the Spacewalk Proxy?

--ScottW