[Spacewalk-list] File permission problem in SW1.6

Nilton Moura redhat at nmoura.eti.br
Mon Jan 16 13:02:48 UTC 2012

Hello list!

I had some issues to start Spacewalk 1.6 on RHEL 6.2 because the default
permissions for the /etc/rhn directory and /etc/rhn/rhn.conf file. The
group default is apache, but the tomcat didn't start properly with this,
showing this error message:

[main] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.common.conf.Config - Could not
parse file/etc/rhn/rhn.conf
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/rhn/rhn.conf (Permission denied)

So, to not open read access for others, I changed the group to tomcat and
now it's ok.

Nilton Moura.