[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Clients/OSAD Behind Proxy

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Jul 3 14:45:51 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-03 16:15, Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:
> Was there ever an update/resolution to getting spacewalk clients to
> check in properly with osad when they are behind a spacewalk proxy?
> Last I heard there was a problem with jabber that needed to be
> addressed and was kind of out of the hands of the spacewalk devs -
> has
> this been fixed?

Seems to work just fine, taking the following into account:

- the spacewalk server needs to be able to reverse lookup the ID
mentioned in sm.xml of the proxy jabber
- tcp port 5269 needs to be open in both directions (spacewalk server
<=> proxy)
- once the connection works (see the logs on the spacewalk server),
stop the proxy and delete the jabber database there
- now connect clients to the proxy, and watch out that they have the
correct certificate
- on the spacewalk server: stop, remove jabber db & start jabber once
every day, see https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/JabberAndOSAD
- on the clients: restart osad a couple of times a day, see
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/JabberAndOSAD

We have a snippet that takes care of the client knowing the correct
proxy name and certificate, but all the rest is manual :-)

Hope this helps.

Franky