[Spacewalk-list] osad-dispatcher

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 13 13:27:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, July 13, 2012 03:19, Milan Zazrivec wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2012 00:51:10 Brown, Rodrick wrote:
>> I cant get this working on the rhnclients to spacewalk server :(
>> Does anyone have this working on Spacewalk.
>
> What is it exactly that isn't working for you? Are jabberd services up
> and running? Is osa-dispatcher? Do you see any errors in
> the dispatcher log? Do you see any errors in osad logs?
>
> -MZ

You can bump up the log level by setting osa-dispatcher.debug higher in
/etc/rhn/rhn.conf on the server and same for debug_level in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf on a client.  RH support usually specifies 6
or 7 for both when working a Satellite case with me.

Also, what does system detail show for one or more of the failing clients
WRT osa status and checkin time?  If you have the broken connection bug,
you'll probably see checkin time getting incremented but osa status of
offline, unknown, or such instead of "online as of".  In which case I'd
suggest checking for an osa-dispatcher update.