[Spacewalk-list] move spacewalk to different server

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 06:04:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:21:24 +0400 Yura Demchenko
<demchenko.ya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to move spacewalk server from one box to another.
> Target machine is same OS/arch, with same db and spacewalk
> packages installed. I've looked at backup directories list
> (https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkBackup#Directories),
> but there no clarification on what dirs in /etc spacewalk
> actually using. The target box have some custom configs
> in /etc, so, obviously, I cannot just replace /etc with /etc
> from current spacewalk server.
>
> So can anyone point me at exact list of dirs/files in /etc
> that is used by spacewalk, so I can move only them to new box
> and dont break anything working at that box?
>
> --
> Yura Demchenko

Hello,
try this list for RHN Satellite 5.4.0:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html/Installation_Guide/sect-Installation_Guide-Maintenance-Backing_Up_the_Satellite.html

Of-course your DB is not in  /rhnsat/, so you need to backup it
separately.

Note you do not want to just restore these configs on new system
(e.g. because of changed hostname). Or use
spacewalk-hostname-rename after configs restore.

Please let us know what was the problems during your migration.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA