[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy Issues with KVM Hosts & Virtual Guests

Jeremy Bartosiewicz jbartosiewicz at homeaway.com
Thu Jul 19 12:30:26 UTC 2012

Hi All,
I have recently installed Spacewalk proxies in my environments. They are registered with the master server and showing up active. No issues there. Using version 1.7 (latest sync from repos, but not using nightly - all running under centos 6).

Previously, KVM hosts registered to the master server would show up under the "Virtual Systems" section in the Web Interface with their relevant Guests. Now that these Host machines have been deleted from the master server and re-registered with the proxy servers (this worked fine + updates are pulled ok) it seems that virtualisation information is not passed on to the master (all hosts shown as unknown) via the proxy. Is this a known issue? Maybe I am missing some features? Maybe the proxies are not working as expected? Maybe this feature is not implemented in full / there is a bug?

The proxies in question have the package rhn-virtualization-common.noarch installed and my KVM hosts have the package rhn-virtualization-host.noarch installed. I have tried rhn-profile-sync on all machines.

Are you able to point me in the right direction so as to have this fixed or provide any advice regarding troubleshooting / known bugs?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeremy